This information is for the Sauk Centre Hay Auction held on Feb 20, 2014. This is another LARGE sale. Consider Averages Carefully. Check example in Large Round Grass Hay Protein greater than 13% and Large Round Grass 9-13%.
Feb 20 2014 SC Hay Auction.pdf
Individual lots sold, sorted and averaged by type and quality.
History of Selected Lots 2013-2014.pdf
A summary of past 4 years and individual auctions so far this year.
Graph 2001 to 2014 SC Hay Auction.pdf
A line graph of averages from each sale 2001 to 2014 for Medium Square Alfalfa groups from 101 to 200 RFV. Where sale lots are limited, averages might not mean much.
Hay Prod US 1919 to 2013.pdf
- What year had the largest harvested hay acres since 1919?
- What year had the smallest harvested hay acres since 1919?
- What year has the largest harvested alfalfa production since 1919?
- What year had the smallest harvested alfalfa and other hay production since 1919?
- What does RCAU stand for related to hay production?
I'll give you that one: "Roughage Consuming Animal Units"
"Weekly Hay Market Demand and Price Report for the Upper Midwest" that is put together by Ken Barnett, UW Extension.
USDA Hay Market Reports - Click on Livestock, Poultry and Grain Market News, then look for Hay.