Here's the information we have for Thursday June 5.
Alfalfa Field Data 2014 06 05.pdf
With all the rain, I'd guess alfalfa is either ready to harvest across our area ... or will be ready to harvest when fields get dry enough to get on and the weather looks like there's an opportunity to do it. Some people are trying to snatch some haylage between showers.
MAKE SAFETY THE PRIORITY.
Follow "Continue Reading" for information about:
- Other Forage Resources
- Planting Season Issues Discussion Mtg. in Foley Tuesday December 10: Prevented Planting, Trying to Produce Feed, Crop Insurance, etc.
"Planting Season Issues" Meeting in Foley, Tuesday June 10, Starting at 10:30 a.m. with a lunch at noon and time for more questions after lunch.
Henry's Catering, on MN Hwy 25 just north of the intersection of MN Hwy 25 and MN Hwy 23.
- Review Prevent Plant Crop Insurance Rules by Wayne Triplet, Crop Revenue Mgt.
- Emergency Forage Field Trial Data by Dan Martens, U of M Extension
- Ration Examples by Russ Fisher, Livestock Nutrition Advisor
- Discussion of Forage Alternatives by Rick Tamm of Byron Seeds
- Open for Questions and Discussion
For more U of M information about forages go
Go to Midwest Forage Association if you'd like to order PEAQ Sticks: http://www.midwestforage.org
The Wisconsin Extension Forage web page can be found at: http://fyi.uwex.edu/forage