Questions continue to be asked about how the current corn rootworm and soybean aphid situation in southern Minnesota and how best to manage these pests.
Please join University of Minnesota Extension IPM Specialist, Fritz Breitenbach, and Regional Educator, Lisa Behnken, on Nov 23, 2015 for presentations and discussion on the evolving management of corn rootworm and soybean aphids. Guest speakers will be Dr. Kenneth Ostlie and Dr. Robert Koch, University of Minnesota Extension Entomologists.
When: Monday, November 23rd, 2015
9:30 am to 12:30 pm
Where: Heinz Center, RM HB117
RCTC Campus, Rochester, MN
Meeting location map: http://z.umn.edu/118f
This update session does not have a fee as it is held in conjunction with the MN Extension IPM Program.
Topics for discussion:
Corn rootworm management – Update
- Update on Bt resistance issues in MN
- Northern corn rootworm beetle increases
- Extended diapause increased risk for MN?
- What’s new with chemical controls for corn rootworm.
Soybean aphid management – Update
- Update on soybean aphid management in MN
- Chemical controls…are we seeing resistance developing?
- What’s going on with Bio-Control and resistant varieties?
For additional information please contact:
Mary Jane Stearns email@example.com
Or call 507-536-6310