There are five remaining locations scheduled for the 2017 Research Updates: Kasson, Lamberton (January 4 and 5 respectively) and Willmar, Morris and Crookston (January 10, 11 and 12 respectively) from 12:30 pm–4:40 pm. Registration fee is $60. Online registration and session abstracts can be found on our website at z.umn.edu/iapru or onsite registration begins at 11:30 a.m. at each location.
The program will feature research-based strategies to deal with today's changing pests, diseases, varieties, and nutrient and environmental recommendations. Continuing education units for Certified Crop Advisors have been applied for including: 1 in Nutrient Management and 3 in Pest Management, (additional 1 in Crop Management at Crookston).
Educational Sessions (for all locations except Crookston) will include:
- What did we learn from on-farm strip trials in 2016? – Dr. Dan Kaiser
- New, noteworthy facts and speculation on key soybean and corn diseases – Dr. Dean Malvick
- Managing insects of soybean: Insecticide-resistant aphids and other challenges – Dr. Bob Koch
- Are insecticides an option? Performance, scouting and thresholds for key corn insects – Dr. Kenneth Ostlie
- Weeds are adaptable, but are we adapting? – Dr. Jeff Gunsolus
Educational Sessions for the Crookston location only will include:
- Small grain weed control update and herbicide resistance management – Dr. Beverly Durgan
- Managing insects of soybeans: Insecticide-resistant aphids and other challenges – Dr. Bob Koch
- Four things you should know about the latest research in Bacterial leaf streak and Fusarium head blight management – Dr. Madeleine Smith
- Small grains variety update – Dr. Jochum Wiersma
- Beyond academics: Real-life nitrogen management – Dr. Fabián Fernández
- Nitrogen Smart for Irrigators, January 6, Hastings. See website for more details: z.umn.edu/nitrogensmart
- Winter Crops Days (SROC) - Five locations from January 11-13 (St. Charles, Arlington, Lake Crystal, Kasson and Waseca). See brochure for more details.
- Winter Crops and Soils Day (SWROC) Five locations from January 30 to February 2 (Fairmont, Luverne, Lamberton, Montevideo, and Olivia). Stay tuned for more details.
- Strategic farming: Are you resistance ready? Four locations from February 22-24 (Montevideo, Slayton, St. James and Hutchinson) See brochure for more details.
Keep up to date with U of M Extension Crop events at z.umn.edu/UMCropEvents