Due to the weather, the "Strategic Farming – Are You Resistance Ready" workshops scheduled for Hutchinson and St. James on Friday, February 24, have been postponed.
They have been rescheduled for:
- March 1 at the American Legion (620, 1st Ave. S.) in St. James, from 9:00 – 12:00 a.m.
(On-site registration starts at 8:30 a.m.)
- March 7 at the Event Center (1005 Highway 15 S.) in Hutchinson, from 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.
(On-site registration starts at 1:00 p.m.)
A nominal fee ($10) will be collected at the door to help cover program costs. For planning purposes, pre-registration is requested at http://z.umn.edu/resready.
- How resistance develops, the current status, and long-term implications
- Understanding weed biology
- Non-chemical weed control options and effectiveness
- Palmer amaranth
- Developing a plan using a diversity of tools
For program details visit http://z.umn.edu/resreadyflyer. A special thanks to the Watonwan County and McLeaod County Corn and Soybean Growers Associations and Monsanto for helping sponsor these programs.